This week saw a report into the high street, saying town centres should be more like businesses! It will be interesting to see who comes out on top for sales this festive period the high street or the out of town malls? As unemployment grows once again, will this affect consumer spending?
The winner of Lord Alan Sugar’s Young Apprentice was also crowned winning a huge £25 000 for their investment ideas, how will the winner fair in the future business world?
- Sainsbury have worked with Jamie Oliver for the last 11 years, with him fronting their TV campaigns, who is taking over from him in 2012?
David Beckham ( )
Victoria Beckham ( )
Jamie Rednapp ( )
Harry Rednapp ( )
- LMFAO track Party Rock Anthem was the best-selling song on the UK version of iTunes this year, what was in second place?
Maroon 5’s Moves Like Jagger ( )
Pitbull’s Give Me Everything. ( )
Adele’s Someone Like You ( )
Jessie J’s Price Tag ( )
- Complaints to which energy company have risen by 91% in a year, with most of the major suppliers seeing customer gripes increase?
N Power ( )
EDF Energy ( )
Scottish Power ( )
- Little Mix won the X Factor this weekend, who is the only X Factor winner to not have got the Christmas Number one spot- due to a Facebook campaign supporting ‘Rage against the machine’?
Shane Ward ( )
Steve Brookstein ( )
Leon Jackson ( )
Joe McElderry ( )
- A report into how to revive the High Street by a retail expert recommends getting town centres to run more like businesses, who was the retail expert?
Sir Phillip Green ( )
Sir Richard Branson ( )
Gok Wan ( )
Mary Portas ( )
- What is going to be investigated by the Office of Fair trading, it was reported this week?
Marks & Spencer dine in for £10 ( )
Motor insurance costs ( )
ASDA’s New price watch scheme ( )
Tesco’s new venture into a law firm ( )
- Thomas Cook has said it will close 200 UK stores over the next two years with the loss of around 661 jobs, what loss did the company report for the year at the end of September ?
£2.98m ( )
£5.48m ( )
£4.58m ( )
£3.98m ( )
- Who has won The Young Apprentice this year winning a £25 000 fund for their enterprise ideas?
Haya Al Dlame ( )
Zara Brownless ( )
Lewis Roman ( )
James McCullagh ( )
- The rate of Consumer Prices Index (CPI) inflation in the UK fell to what level during November, down from 5% the month before, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS)?
4.8% ( )
4.5% ( )
4.3% ( )
4.1% ( )
- UK unemployment rose by 128,000 in the three months to October to, what level, as youth unemployment hits a new record high?
3.12 million ( )
3.25 million ( )
2.64 million ( )
2.86 million ( )